Molecular Weight: 228.20
Alias: Ammonium Persulfate
Ammonium persulfate is a white monomeric crystal with the density of 1.98. It can be wholly decomposed under 120°C, and reserve nondecomposable for a long period under entire desiccation. It is almost non - hygroscopic, and will gradually decompose to emit oxygen and ozone after hygroscopic effect. It will be decomposed while being dissolved in the water and being heated. It is used as chemical reagent, oxidant, bleacher, deodorizer, and initiator for the polymerization of monomers. It has the particular advantage of having strong oxidation and of being easy and safe to handle.
Road/Rail transport: GGVS, GGVE, ADR, RID/ CLASS 5.1 Sea transport: GGV Sea/IMDG code: CLASS 5.1 Page 5126, UN No.1444
Water hazards class 1(slight water hazard).
All information is given in good faith, but without warranty, since the conditions of use are outside our control. Verification by the user is recommended. Freedom from patent restriction cannot be assumed.
(1) In 25kgs net woven bag with one polyethylene bag inner (English or Chinese)
(2) In 25kgs net PE bag
(3) In 500kgs net woven bag
(4) In 1000kgs net woven bag
*Pallets are ordered as per customer’s requirement with extra charges
APS is not combustible but assists combustion materials due to release of oxygen. It must be stored dryly in closed containers and protected from direct sunlight, heat and humidity. Impurities such as dirt, rust or traces of metal and reductants may cause catalytic decomposition. The product as supplied or in solution needs to be handled with appropriate care. The eye, skin and clothes must be protected when working with APS. APS as damp powder or aqueous solution has a bleaching and slightly corroding effect. Recommended storage temperature: normal temperature. Storage stability as from date of delivery: 12 months.
- Widely used in storage battery industry. Used to produce persulfates and refine of Ammonia Sulfate.
- Polymerization: Initiator for the emulsion or solution Polymerization of acrylic monomers, vinyl acetate, vinyl chloride etc. and for the emulsion co-polymerization of styrene, acrylonitrile, butadiene etc..
- Metal treatment: Treatment of metal surfaces (e.g. in the manufacture of semiconductors; cleaning and etching of printed circuits), activation of copper and aluminium surfaces.
- Used in decoloring and bleaching of oil, cleaning and deodorization of deteriorated barm, as ripener of wheat.
- Used as additive of under-well fracturing in petroleum exploitation.
- Used in developer and fixer of film, widely used in the treatment of waste fluid.
- Cosmetics: Essential component of bleaching formulations. Textile: Desizing agent and bleach activator - particularly for cold bleaching.
- Chemical synthesis; Water treatment (decontamination); Waste gas treatment, oxidative degradation of harmful substances (e.g. Hg); Disinfectant; Paper (modification of starch, repulping particularly for cold bleaching).
|Appearance||White crystalline salt|
|Residue on ignition(as SO4)||≤0.02%|
|Heavy metals(as Pb)||≤0.0005%|
|Chloride and chlorate(as CL)||≤0.001%|
|Decomposition of the product as supplied||at above 60°C|