Molecular Formula: Na2S2O8
molecular Weight: 238.13
Alias: Sodium Persulfate
Sodium persulfate is a white, crystalline, odourless salt. It is used as initiator for the Polymerization of monomers and as a strong oxidizing agent in many applications. It has the particular advantage of being almost non-hygroscopic, of having particularly good storage stability as a result of its extremely high purity and of being easy and safe to handle.
Road/Rail transport: GGVS, GGVE, ADR, RID/ CLASS 5.1 Sea transport: GGV Sea/IMDG code: CLASS 5.1 Page 5185, UN No.1505
Water hazards class 1(slight water hazard).
All information is given in good faith, but without warranty, since the conditions of use are outside our control. Verification by the user is recommended. Freedom from patent restriction cannot be assumed.
Package (1) In 25kgs net woven bag with one polyethylene bag inner (English or Chinese)
(2) In 25kgs net PE bag
(3) In 500kgs net woven bag
(4) In 1000kgs net woven bag
*Pallets are ordered as per customer’s requirement with extra charges
SPS is not combustible but assists combustion materials due to release of oxygen. Provided it is stored under appropriate condition. It must be stored dry in closed containers and protected from direct sunlight, heat and humidity. Impurities such as dirt, rust or traces of metal and reductants may cause catalytic decomposition. The product as supplied or in solution needs to be handled with appropriate care. The eye, skin and clothes must be protected when working with SPS as damp powder or aqueous solution has a bleaching and slightly corroding effect. Recommended storage temperature: normal temperature. Storage stability as from date of delivery: 12 months.
- Environmental remediation agent: polluted land remediation, water treatment (drainage decontamination),Waste gas treatment, oxidative degradation of harmful substances (e.g. Hg).
- Polymerization: Initiator for the emulsion or solution Polymerization of acrylic monomers, vinyl acetate, vinyl chloride etc. and for the emulsion co-polymerization of styrene, acrylonitrile, butadiene etc.
- Metal treatment: Treatment of metal surfaces (e.g. in the manufacture of semiconductors; cleaning and etching of printed circuits), activation of copper and aluminium surfaces.
- Cosmetics: Essential component of bleaching formulations.
- Paper: modification of starch, repulping of wet - strength paper.
- Textile: Desizing agent and bleach activator - particularly for cold bleaching. (i.e. bleaching of Jeans).
- Fiber industry, as desizing agent and oxidative chromophoric agent for vat dyes.
- Others: Chemical synthesis, Disinfectant, etc..
|Appearance||White crystalline salt|
|Chloride and chlorate(as CL)||≤0.005%|
|Heavy metals(as Pb)||≤0.0005%|
|Decomposition of the product as supplied||at above 60°C|